You are applying for the role of
If you have questions or have filled out this form before, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Peter Lucas Project Management is a group of energetic and curious problem-solvers; we are currently looking for an experienced Mine Trainer to join our team.
At Peter Lucas, we provide the variety of work, professional challenges, and incredible learning opportunities that come with contract-type work but in an environment where staff have targeted professional growth support, a diverse community of colleagues to lean on, health and dental benefits, and improved job security compared to contracting on one's own. We seek to create an environment where everyone can find success in a career they are passionate about while being compensated fairly and contributing to a better future.
We are looking for qualified Mine Trainers to act on the owner's behalf at a remote mine site in Northern Saskatchewan. The initial term of the contract is until the end of December 2022, however, there is the possibility of an extension. The work rotation will be 2 weeks in, 2 weeks out.
- 4-9 years experience in mine operation/training in an underground environment
- Familiar with the systematic approach to training (SAT) process and have direct experience within a previous training capacity
- Competent and knowledgeable in the operation of underground site equipment and general mining operating and construction activities and systems
- Experience using the ADDIE (Analysis Development Design Implement Evaluate) training model is an asset
- Certificate in Adult Education desirable, but not required
- Moderate-to-advanced general business abilities including strong communication skills, safety management, procurement, technological literacy, strategic orientation and planning/prioritization
- Moderate-to-Advanced leadership skills including adaptive leadership styles, change management capability, conflict resolution, coaching/mentorship and diversity support and promotion in the workplace
- Providing mine training to ensure the employees receive the knowledge and practical skills to be safe and productive underground miners
- Perform pre-knowledge assessments and training needs analysis by assessing the skill level, performance, and competence of each learner
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the site training material to ensure the content is relevant and supportive of the Training Program
- Ensures all training is in compliance with regulatory requirements and in conformance with company policies
- Liaises with site Safety Department to ensure both technical and safety training requirements are met underground
You will be asked to fill out the following sections
Sections marked with an * are mandatory
1) Highlights *
2) Relevant Work Experience *
3) Notable Projects
4) Education and Relevant Certifications *
5) References *
6) Miscellaneous Info *
7) Transmittal/Cover Letter
What is your name? (please include any applicable designations)
Describe your relevant education, background and experience in 30 words or less. *
Example: Mechanical Engineering Technologist with 15 years in Oil and Gas
List your top four relevant skills. *
2. WORK EXPERIENCE
Please fill out the following fields related to your work experience. Fill the first three with the three most recent/relevant/significant roles. The 4th section, if applicable, is for a summary of the remainder of your experience. Feel free to copy and paste from your resume or CV.
5. TRANSMITTAL/COVER LETTER
If you would like to include a letter of transmittal or cover letter, please do so here.
211129 - Cameco - Mine Trainer
Please ensure all mandatory fields have been filled.