Advocates are naturally creative and are your typical outside-the-box thinkers. They enjoy using their imagination to find unique solutions to complex problems. And with an uncanny ability to pick up on people’s true motivations, not many people are better suited to create win-win scenarios.
Driven by a strong desire to help those around them, Advocates will do everything in their power to help make a difference, and when they give their word, they mean it.
• Insightful in nature, picking up on other people’s motivations
• Influential communicators who can tailor their messaging to diverse audiences
• Resourceful and use their creativity and imagination to solve challenging problems
• Compassionate idealists who are always looking out for others
• Visionary and always looking to the future
• Overly sensitive to criticism
• Private individuals who may take time to warm up to others
• Do not want to burden others with their problems, which may result in burnout
• Become stressed when ideal situations cannot be created
• Dislike confrontational situations
When given work that is both challenging to them and helps others, Advocates will do everything in their power to meet the goals set in front of them. They excel in environments where they can develop new ideas or solutions and use their creativity to also find meaning in whatever it is that they find themselves doing.
In management roles, Advocates tend to see their subordinates as equals, and strive to empower their team, rather than micro-manage activities. By leveraging their unique ability to uncover motivations, they are also able to properly identify the needs of stakeholders and team members alike, to ensure everyone’s needs are met. And when given complex or vague projects to manage, not many individuals are better at working through scenarios and finding the best solution that Advocates.
Generally quiet, Advocates thrive when working for managers who allow their voices to be heard and are given the freedom to think and create. They are keen listeners and able to understand people’s motivations, which leads to finding win-win scenarios for their team members and their stakeholders. And their need for continual growth makes them an excellent fit for taking on new ideas or roles.