Examiners are very analytical and check their facts to arrive at decisions. They hold themselves up to the highest of standards and expect others to as well. Often intolerant of those that appear lazy or unmotivated, Examiners often prefer environments where they can work alone and have well-established reporting requirements. But with Examiners’ strong sense of duty, responsibility, and structure, they are a stabilizing force to teams.
• Value integrity and act in a direct and truthful manner
• If they make a commitment, they will meet their commitment. Period.
• Strong sense of duty, always putting in the effort to achieve whatever goal or milestone is in front of them
• Detailed and focus on what work needs to be done today and then do it
• Practically minded individuals, who make sound and rational decisions
• Clearly communicate duties and responsibilities, so that everyone knows what is going on and why
• Can be difficult to change their mind, since their ideas are supported by facts
• Harsh when communicating to personalities who are more sensitive
• Rigid and reluctant to try new things
• Become stressed in environments with little structure
• Have difficulty with people who are ignorant to the facts
• Can become overburdened with extra responsibility until they can no longer execute
Examiners like to be depended upon, and although they often prefer working alone, they can also excel in a team environment when roles and responsibilities are clearly defined. Their communication style is based on communicating the facts, with little thought of other people’s feelings, which can often hurt more sensitive types.
In project leadership roles, Examiners are some of the most dependable workers to complete projects on time and on budget. They may struggle when scope is unclear, or when innovation and new ideas are to be implemented; however, once a plan has been put in place and the details have been worked out, Examiners will ensure the plan is executed.
Highly dependable and loyal individuals, who are excellent at completing tasks and projects which no one else want. Examiners are incredibly hard workers, which can lead to them becoming overburdened with responsibility, ultimately causing burnout. However, when their workloads are properly managed, Examiners are often the most effective and productive project support.