Commanders are strategic planners, good at spotting problems and making predictable and controlled decisions. Natural born leaders, they take charge of a situation, putting their boldness, vision, and drive to the forefront. Relying on structure and order, Commanders have very little patience for incompetence or laziness.
Commanders crave growth and opportunity and take initiative to take on projects that others would think impossible. To avoid finding themselves tied to a routine or schedule, Commanders will lead change and innovation.
• Strong communication skills
• Efficiency-driven and focused
• Charismatic and inspiring leaders
• Strong-willed and generally confident
• Well-organized and thorough
• Strategic thinkers with a good eye for seeing the big picture
• May be intolerant of emotionally driven personalities
• May come across as stubborn or controlling
• Tendency to become impatient
• Emotionally distant and insensitive
WHAT THEY ARE LIKE TO WORK WITH
Commanders are sociable and enjoy a good brainstorming session with colleagues. As natural born leaders they tend to want to take the reigns which may come across as over-bearing. But you will not likely regret letting a Commander take the lead on a project or two as their ability backs up the bravado.
WHAT THEY ARE LIKE IN A LEADERSHIP ROLE
Commanders are charismatic leaders that inspire change and communicate their objectives effectively. They are able to lead projects with a formulated strategy that identifies the strengths of their team. Commanders have high standards for timely exceptional work having little tolerance for those who do not fit the bill.
WHAT THEY ARE LIKE IN A SUPPORT ROLE
A subordinate role may be a struggle for a Commander but providing them with new challenges and responsibilities will keep them engaged and productive. Always looking for opportunities to grow, Commanders accept objective, rational feedback as ways to continuously improve.